Since my last update there were many steps I had to take to get my film completed. I spent at least ten hours every single weekend for a month filming with my cast. I also spent a few hours a week filming additional footage on my own that didn't require the cast to be present. Editing turned out to be quite a complicated process as I had to download my work each day at school so I could work on it at home, only for me to download the further edited file at home so I could take it to school and repeat the process. I ended up staying up very late on many nights to finish a final edit and even then my final product ended up being four minutes over the allotted time limit (19 mins as opposed to the maximum limit of 15)
After such a long and complicated process, I'm very happy to have completed work on Tape Terror. It's a project that I'm very passionate about and poured a lot of work into. I don't like every aspect of the final product, but I am proud of the work the cast and I poured into it.
There are a lot of important lessons to be learned from this experience regarding time management and setting realistic expectations for myself. A lot of the troubles I experienced during the filmmaking process could've been prevented if I'd just taken the time to be practical in my planning. I plan on actively taking these measures in the future so I won't make the same mistakes again.
I'm excited to share the final short with you soon. I'm currently out of town but I expect to upload the video onto Schooltube and have it shared by sometime next week once I return home.